Friday, May 12, 2006

Girls Day Out


My kids had a half day of school, and Joshua went home with a friend. Doug was on campus. So Anna and I went out for lunch. We took that picture ourselves. Can you tell? : )

As we were eating and talking, I realized how thankful I am to be a Mom. God has blessed me with two very precious kids who are not only warm and loving, but also very fun.

But my heart also goes out today to those who have lost children or not been able to have them. One Mom here in our community just lost her husband and two of their three triplets (age 4) in a tragic car accident. The third child is in Children's Hospital. Pray for the Morrison family. This will not be an easy holiday for them.

I have so many friends who want desperately to be parents, but God, for reasons which I don't understand, has not allowed that to happen. My heart breaks for those couples.

Lord, thank you so much for the blessing of Anna and Joshua. They are such a precious gift. But I also pray for those families who are hit hard by this holiday celebration. Please wrap your arms around them and comfort them.

Psa 34:18 "The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit."


No comments: