Thursday, May 11, 2006

Above all, put on love


Friends for over 25 years......Jeff, Chris, Brian and Doug

I have noticed lately that my name and Jeff Young's names are being pitted against each other in the blog-o-sphere because we have some differing views.

I just wanted to make something clear: I love Jeff Richard Young!!! He was in our wedding. Doug was in his wedding. They were all in Jeff, Brian and Tommy's weddings. We get our families together as often as we can.

Jeff and I butt heads sometimes because we are both passionate individuals who stand strongly by what we believe. But that's one of the things I respect MOST about him. I also appreciate the fact that he is quick to forgive and let go of things.

I wish all of you could know Jeff in person. He is an amazing pastor, husband and Dad. He is warm, loving and really, really funny. He can cook, and sing, raise sheep, and speak Arabic. He likes OU football. He is ridiculously smart. He has an amazing wife and kids with the most beautiful eyes you have ever seen.

Jeff and I may not agree on the doctrines of grace, or homeschooling, or anchovies on pizza. But we both love the Lord, each other, and desire His glory above all else!!!

I wanted you to see our families together. There is a very special bond of friendship among this group of guys. (Bear in mind, these pics were taken a few years ago, when they could still run at this pace. Since then, 7 more kids have been added, 5 of which were contributed by the Young clan. : )


Brian, Chris, Doug and Jeff playing the ultimate game--Settlers of Catan.


Hey, Jeff. No biting on the court


Instructing our children in the important things of life


With wives Kiki, Amy and Susan (Chris' wife, Kelly, was taking the picture) and two of the kids.


And more kids.........


Preparing to play the amazing game of plungerball.....

Col 3:12-17 "And so, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."

1 comment:

Jeff Richard Young said...

Dear Mrs. Cherry,

I never saw this when you posted it. I guess it got pushed down the page when I didn't look at your blog for a few days, and then I never saw it until today, when I was looking through your archives.

Thank you very much. I have a similarly high opinion of you, no matter how wrong you are about education!

Love in Christ,

Jeff