Tomorrow night we will be helping to sponsor the movie "Invisible Children" on our campus. It is a documentary created by three UCSD college students, and tells the story of children in Northern Uganda. These children are being kidnapped from their homes, horribly abused, and forced to serve in the Rebel Army. They are being brainwashed and taught to be killing machines.
We need to do everything we can to intervene on behalf of these children. This is an international crisis. There are multiple ways that you can get involved.
- Go to their website, www.invisiblechildren.com, and learn all you can about the plight of these kids.
- Show the movie in your area. Get the word out to as many people as you know.
- Buy bracelets, made by some of the kids in Uganda. All the proceeds go to help them with school fees, boarding school, and a better life.
- Give--both your money and your time.
- Participate in the Global Night Commute on April 29th. Every night, thousands of kids in Uganda leave their homes and walk miles into town just to sleep. We will be doing the same on April 29th, in cities all across America. There is hope that this will be the most widespread show of support for African children to have ever taken place in America.