Saturday, February 11, 2006

Falling Up


Thursday night at FUEL we looked at Isaiah 40:28-31. It has been a tough semester for all of us, and I knew the students were tired.

We were studying the attributes of eagles, and looking at what it means to "rise on wings like eagles."

Adam, who has only been a Christian for about 4 1/2 months, had this amazing insight. He said, "It's like falling UP." He went on to explain that an eagle does not use his own energy to soar, but finds "thermals", or hot pockets of air that carry him up so that he can glide. He simply spreads his wings and allows them to carry him along.

Interestingly enough, in a storm the thermals will carry the eagle above the clouds, where he glides effortlessly above the raging activity below.

I love that expression--falling up. When I grow tired and weary, I need to remember to fall up and allow my Heavenly Father to get me through the storm.

No comments: