Tuesday, February 14, 2006

4 Things tag

My friend, Marty Duren, tagged me.

4 Jobs I Have Had In My Life:

Student Recruiter--my Senior year at Ouachita I was a recruiter, going to college fairs and speaking to high school students about higher education.

Air Traffic Control Trainee--I was selected for and went through the ATC program at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Institute, but quickly discovered I was directionally challenged. Which did not bode well for the future of airline passengers in the Fort Worth area (which was my assigned region.) So I opted out of that career.

3 Year-Old Preschool Teacher--I taught in the Weekday Care Center at First Baptist Edmond. I loved my kids, and still think teaching preschoolers is fun. Except for potty training!!!!

Houseparent--Doug and I were houseparents for 8 boys at Goodland Presbyterian Boys Home. We did that until 3 weeks before Anna was born. We have stayed in touch with some of our boys, and still have a heart for children's home ministry.


4 Goals I Set For This Year

Journaling--I tend to be sporadic in my prayer/quiet time journaling. I am faithful in reading/praying, but I hate having to write things out. (I have been spoiled by technology, and would rather type.) I want to do a better job of keeping a spiritual journal.

Scrapbooking--I made it through each child's first birthday, and then just accumulated a huge box of pictures and scrapbook materials.

Run in the Pittsburgh Great Race--I have planned to do it the past two years, but got sick the first year, and too busy the second. It's only 10K, so there's really no excuse.

Nail down my beliefs--the past few months I realized that I don't know Biblically where a lot of my beliefs came from. Much of what I think is my doctrine is simply what was passed down to me. So I want to be able to defend each of my positions, based on what see in the Word, not on tradition or history.



4 Movies I Could Watch Over and Over

To be honest, I really hate having to watch anything more than once.



4 Places I Have Lived

Gweru, Zimbabwe

Johannesburg, South Africa

Arkadelphia, Arkansas

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania



4 TV Shows I Love to Watch

I don't watch a lot of TV, aside from a good football game or occasional NASCAR race. But if I had to choose something, it would be:

Extreme Makeover (Home Edition)-- I was a feature editor for our college paper, and still enjoy a good "human interest" story.

King of Queens--I relate so much to Doug and Carrie's relationship. Keeps me laughing.

Alias--I would love to kick butt like Sydney Bristow.

Lost--I've only been able to watch a few episodes. But it is intense, and actually has a plot and story line.


4 Places I've Been on Vacation

Lucerne, Switzerland

Fothergill Island, Kariba (Zimbabwe)

Jerusalem, Israel

Cancun, Mexico


4 Websites I Visit Daily

MSN News

www.cmu.edu

Google

My friend's blogs



4 of My Favorite Foods

General Tso's Chicken

Roast beef with rice and gravy

Chicken Alfredo

Fresh, hot, homemade rolls


4 Places I Would Rather Be Right Now

Southfork, Colorado

Curled up with a blanket while watching a good movie at my parent's house in Arkansas

Playing games and really laughing with my friends

Hiking in the mountains with the warm sun on my face, a gentle breeze blowing, and no sound except a gentle brook and the chattering of birds in the trees.


So Now I'm Going to Tag......

Corley Madden

James Touchton

Rick Thompson

Tim Sweatman

6 comments:

Marty Duren said...

If you only watch a movie once, how do you ever learn the lines to quote?

I cannot in my wildest imagination see you as an ATC! Well...uhm..I guess they couldn't either :^)

Kiki Cherry said...

Marty,

The cool thing was that we still made a GS-7 salary while in ATC school, plus $40/day living allowance.

That paid for our wedding! : ) So it was worth it in the long run.

Tim Sweatman said...

Well, I owe you one! It took me forever to find 4 people who haven't been tagged already.

Kevin Bussey said...

You MK's have more exotic places to have lived then the rest of us!

art rogers said...

My wife's uncle used to be the school superintednant at Arkadelphia. Just for a while, though. The racial tensions were mroe than he could handle and he went back to teaching math in TX.

Thanks for dropping in on my blog and for the encouragement.

Art

Jeff Richard Young said...

Dear Kiki,

I agree with your goal of nailing down your beliefs. Often I help people in my church see that their ideas are not based on the Bible, but rather on things they had heard sometime and accepted at face value.

But recently I have discovered that my beliefs regarding salvation are not a coherent understanding of what the Bible teaches, but just a mishmash or collage of all the Calvinist and Arminian things I have heard preachers say through the years. I have much reading and thinking and praying to do this year!

Love in Christ,

Jeff