Friday, May 05, 2006

Come and Listen to What He has done




Psalm 66:16

"Come and hear, all who fear God, And I will tell of what He has done for my soul."

Last night was our last FUEL for the year, and our commissioning service for the 7 Seniors and 2 Grad students who will be leaving us. It was also a goodbye for Anna, who has served as our intern this semester.

After their testimonies, we had a time where students could come up, lay hands
on individuals, and pray for them.

It went on until after 11:30. There was not a dry eye in the place.

As I looked around the room, I realized how very, very much we have to be thankful for. Six years ago, CrossSeekers
was simply 2 semester missionaries and 2 students. Last night we had to bring extra chairs in because we ran out of space.

T
hree of the graduating Seniors have found Christ since coming to college. All of them have grown immensely in their walks. One of the newer believers has already started a Bible Study on John with friends back home.

Two ye
ars ago, when Doug and I first set foot on this campus, we had no clue how to do campus ministry. We just began to pray that God would send us 8 core leaders.

He answered our prayer!!!! Those leaders literally walked through the door one by one, and what has resulted has been truly
unique and special. There is a very sweet depth and joy in this group, and a fellowship that could only be from God.

As I looked around the room last night, I realized how diverse our group has become in just two years. We even have non-believers coming on a regular basis.

These guys are sold out!!!! When we sang "Be Thou Our Vision", their voices filled the room!!!! There is passion and hunger in their lives. So many of them are heading out to various mission fields this Summer, in official or unofficial capacities.

All I can say is "Praise Be to God!!!" HE has done this. And we are thankful.


2 comments:

Joe Kennedy said...

Now see, this is the kind of stuff I want to be doing. Awesome, y'all.

Tim Sweatman said...

Kiki,

When I read this, I thought about your recent post "Are We Holding God Back?" I would say that God is definitely working there on your campus. Maybe you're not seeing the numbers coming to Christ that others are, but you have just given testimony of a number of lives that have been changed by the power of Christ. Only God knows how many people they will lead to and help grow in Christ, and only He knows how many others on the campus will be reached in the coming years. You said that when you and Doug first arrived two years ago that you all "had no clue how to do campus ministry." Maybe you should try to keep it that way; it seems to have made you truly rely on God's power. I wonder sometimes if we learn so much that we feel like we can do it on our own. I know I struggle with this.