Saturday, August 05, 2006

Tears for Asia













This story on the IMB website really touched my heart. It's exciting to hear about leaders whose hearts are tender enough to cry for the nations.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of criticism, argument, and negativity within our denomination.

However, this stuff pumps me up and gets me excited about getting back in the trenches. I love the testimonies from the field--stories of how God is at work in our leadership, and how we are unified in a passion to reach the lost.

I'm ready to hear the praises. Do you have any stories of how God has worked where you are, or spoken into your life recently? Let's celebrate the good things He has done.

3 comments:

Bob Cleveland said...

Hi Kiki.

My friend Troy Smith died 10 days ago. His funeral was titled a celebration of life, and that's what it was.

I put a couple tributes to him on my blog. One, before he died, was a picture of his daughter staring out a window, at an empty sea.

After his funeral, I put up another tribute and a minister from Texas looked at it, and then scrolled down and saw Troy's daughter's picture. He said it looked just like his own daughter.

His comment on the blog said he would go home that day as a father who loved and appreciated his family more than ever.

Wow. My friend reached out from heaven and touched the life of a minister of the gospel.

That's good.

J. Guy Muse said...

Agreed, Kiki. Let's hear what God is doing and focus upon Him, his actions, his moving amongst the nations. I have tried to do just what you suggest on my latest blog entry here.

Ken, your comment is a wonderful idea for training. I don't know why we never thought of doing this.

Kiki Cherry said...

Bob,

That's a great story. Wow.

Ken,

I LOVE to hear the stories you guys share from the field. I read them to Doug, and he gets excited, too. If you and Guy don't stop, we may end up there in South America with you. : )