Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I've been tagged

I have been tagged by both Tim Sweatman and Rob Slagle, so I guess I had better respond.

I had recently sworn off books, having assumed I fulfilled my quota of them last year. Somewhere between McManus and Sproul I think I blew a fuse, so had gone back to my standard reading level--things like the "Adventures of Calvin and Hobbes" and Strongbad's emails.

But here goes nothing.

1. One book that changed your life: It's really a bible study rather than a book, but it was the Covenant study by Kay Arthur. Not only did the topic significantly impact me, but it was also where I learned the inductive Bible study method. Another great Bible Study that has recently impacted me is "Believing God" by Beth Moore.
One book that influenced me at a crucial time in my life was "The Sacred Romance" by Curtis and Eldredge.
2. One book that you've read more than once: "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23" by W. Philip Keller. I love anything by him. Another one of his that I've read multiple times is "What is the Father Like?" One I really want is "Rabboni: Which is to say, Master."
3. One book that you'd want on a desert island: "Primitive Living, Self-Sufficiency, and Survival Skills: A Field Guide to Primitive Living Skills"
by Thomas J. Elpel
4. One book that made you laugh: "The #1 Ladies Detective Agency" by Alexander Mcall Smith. Not only is it true to African culture, it's just cute.
5. One book that made you cry: "A Child Named 'It'" by Dave Pelzer. In some ways I wish it had never been written. But it is the reality of child abuse.
6. One book that you wish you had written: "The Kneeling Christian" by an unknown Christian
7. One book you wish had never been written: "101 Uses for a Dead Cat" by Simon Bond
8. One book that you are currently reading: Just finished "Israel, My Beloved" by Kay Arthur, and now reading "Boundaries" by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend.
9. One book that you've been meaning to read: "Rees Howells, Intercessor" by Norman Grubb.

I tag James Touchton, Kelly Reed and Jerome Stockert.

3 comments:

Chris Walls said...

Kiki,

You inspired me. I was looking for a new book to start in on and I found it on your list. THANKS!! May all cats beware!!!

J. Guy Muse said...

I like your new profile description and photo! I noticed that Pride and Prejudice is one of your listed favorite movies. I took Linda to see it last week and she loved it so much she posted an entire blog entry on it! Our Joshua will love the Strongbad site you refer us to--right down his line!

"Sacred Romance" has got to be on my top five list of all-time favorite books. The Lord led me to this book right when I needed it the most, and continues to impact my thinking that what life is about is not the "Battle for the Bible", but God's battle for our HEARTS!

Anonymous said...

Kiki, I can't find your e-mail address (or Guy's). I've got something I'd like to e-mail you guys to get some feedback on. Have you still got my e-mail address at work from when we discussed Passion '06 housing? If so shoot me a note and I'll send it back (same with you Guy.)