Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Road Trip---Need Your Help


One of the pivotal events in our ministry each year has been the Passion conference which is held during the Winter break. Not only has it had a huge impact on our students, but has shaped our entire ministry.

The past two years it has been held in Nashville, and we've taken 12 and 21 students respectively. Local churches there in Tennessee have been kind enough to let our group sleep in their gym or family life center, which has enabled us to keep the price for students at an affordable rate.

But this year Passion moved to Atlanta! So we are needing to find a place to stay on the way down (since it will be an 11+ hour trip for us) and church in that area who would be willing to let us stay in their facilities. We may possibly be combining with the Penn State group as well, and we'll probably bring around 20 students each.

All we really need are shower/bathroom facilities and a floor to crash on. If you know of anyone who might can help us, then please let us know ASAP.

Our housing needs for P07:

Two nights stay in a gym/family life center with showers - somewhere along the I-77 corridor in North Carolina, or anywhere from Winston/Salem to Charlotte (on the way to Atlanta).
1st night we would arrive in the evening of 12/31 and depart the morning of 1/1
2nd night we would arrive in the late afternoon/evening of 1/4 and depart the morning of 1/5

Three nights stay in a gym/family life center with showers - anywhere in the Atlanta area - preferably near the Philips Arena in downtown Atlanta
We would be arriving in the afternoon of 1/1, and departing the morning of 1/4

3 comments:

Caren said...

Kiki,
I'm sorry I cant help you with your accomodations. I live in Germany currently :) But I will pray that there will be someone who can help you.

Kiki Cherry said...

Caren,

It would be way cool if we COULD come through Germany! : ) My roots are actually German--my maiden name is "Schleiff".

The first place I ever saw snow was in Frankfort. I was three. We were coming home for our first furlough, and had stopped to visit missionary friends in Stuttgart.

Mom says when I stepped off the plane, my feet slipped on the ice and I landed on my bottom. Suddenly I noticed the snow, and stared in astonishment at this new and unfamiliar white substance.

Then getting to my feet, I put my hands on my hips and declared, "Momma! There's something the matter with this ground!!!" :)

I have fond memories of Germany (we went another time when I was older, too.) One of my absolute favorite things ever was touring the nutcracker factory. I especially love the smaller villages, and finding craftsmen who still create amazing artistry by hand.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kiki,
Marty and I are about an hour away from Phillips Arena if that will help. We have plenty of room in our building, showers, kitchen, etc.
What are the days of the week?