Sunday, July 16, 2006

Fantastic Surprise!!!


This whole past year I have been concerned about a student who seemed to have fallen off the map. Joshua Boston was active with our group all throughout the previous year, and had even applied to be a small group leader.

So we were understandably concerned when he did not show up at school this past year. I had interacted with him a couple of times through the Summer, when he had requested info on some mission opportunities. I even wrote a recommendation for him, but did not hear back, so assumed he had decided not to do Summer missions.

But then when I tried to reach him this past Fall, both his email and cell phone accounts had become inactive.

I have been concerned for and praying my heart out all year for Joshua. So I was so excited to get an email from him on Friday. And I just had to laugh when I read it. Here's what it said.

It's been a while, I know, and I'm sorry about basically leaving you completely in the dark. I don't exactly have a cell phone right now, but my Andrew account is back online. The basic story is that I followed up on that email you had forwarded last year from the IMB and Mike Lopez, and recently returned from the one-year trip to Wales. By the way, that was fantastic, but I'm glad to be home.

We've had a missionary from our CrossSeeker group in Europe this past year--and didn't even know it!!!

I just wish we could have been praying for and supporting him while he was there. But I am so thankful that we'll be getting him back for '06-'07. Since he took this past year off, he'll now be around CMU for a year longer than expected. Hey, Joshua.....about that small group leader position........ : )


2 comments:

Joe Kennedy said...

SHOOT YEAH. So about CMU. You know I graduate in a couple years, and I'm still not sure where I'm going to go.

Tim Sweatman said...

I guess sometimes no news is good news!