Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Greensboro

Yesterday we finally got to put faces with many of our fellow bloggers. What an amazing group!!!

These guys (and girls) are sharp, and really have a passion for the Lord. We were able to eat dinner with Marty and Sonya, Paul, Todd, Joel and Amy, David, Wes, Tim, Alan, and Kevin. (Sorry if I left anyone out. I'm a little tired this morning.) Dr. Frank Page also happened to be eating at the restaurant where we were, so we were able to speak to him for a minute as well.

Doug and I came away refreshed and excited about the future of our denomination. Even the program yesterday was great. Nelson Searcy, Kerry Shook and Erwin McManus all preached, while music was led by Shane & Shane, and the worship team from Johnson Ferry.

The Younger Leaders meeting was incredibly encouraging. I was so proud of Doug, too. : ) The tone that was conveyed by all of the men who spoke was that changes are happening in the convention, and that we are not alone in our desires for the denomination. There was a sweet spirit of fellowship and cooperation within the group. We are excited about getting to know many of these young leaders better, and being able to partner with some of them in ministry.

I also got to see five different friends from college at the meeting. That was pretty cool. It's so fun to see what all has happened in our lives in the past 16 years.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the course of the next two days, as we get down to all the business. I am praying that the Holy Spirit will guide and direct the decisions that are made.

Final note: my one regret yesterday was that I did not get to meet Dorcas Hawker. I'm hoping I can track her down today, and we can go get a coke or something together.

2 comments:

Kelly Reed said...

Kiki, I just saw the results of the election. Thanks for being a part of it. There is still and always will be hope. I'm glad you are there to give all the details.

Was it just me (watching on the Live Feed) or were there some nervous faces on stage?

Tell Doug that we've been praying for him, we knew he would be speaking. Glad it went well. Continue to have a good time and make it home safely.

Pursuing Answers to Questions of Faith & Life,

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Kiki,
I so enjoyed meeting you all, but I have to say that your mother is a gem!!!
I told Marty that I wish I could just spend an afternoon with her and just tell her to dump a few hours of wisdom on me!! You have an incredible family and we will continue to pray for your ministry among these college students.