Sunday, June 04, 2006

Alternative Bumper Stickers

I found this cartoon from Great Britain and thought it was hilarious.

Today as we were driving to church, Doug and I were taking note of all of the annoying bumper stickers: "Honk if you love Jesus", "Proud parent of an honor student", "You're lookin' at my kid's inheritance", etc.

So we started talking about alternative bumper stickers we would like to create. Here's some we came up with "Proud parent of a "D" student", "Honk if you're an idiot", and "My compact car didn't bury me in debt like your sports car."

One other fun sticker we would like to put on our little Toyota Echo: "When I grow up I want to be a Suburban."

What bumper stickers annoy you? And what alternatives/fun bumper stickers would you come up with?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I've been lurking through your postings for months now and love looking in on your life. We have tons of stuff to tell you about in our lives, too. I especially loved the pictures of "the guys" a few weeks ago.

Just had to respond to this post after seeing a bumber sticker on the car of a couple at our former church (hint, hint) who have a Down's Syndrome child - "My kid has more chromosomes than your honor student!"

francie said...

in case of rapture this car will be manless - or something like that - i don't think the average person really knows what the "rapture" really is --

if i were creating bumper stickers i would say -- in case of rain -- my car will fall apart!
francie

Kiki Cherry said...

Chris!

Thanks for stopping by. I guess I should have checked with you before posting your picture all over my blog. Sorry!!! But it's not worth suing us. You can't get blood from a turnip. ;)

I am very curious about your (hint,hint.) When did that happen? We need to catch up. We'll be back in OK in a couple of weeks. We should try to get our families together for a meal.

Love the bumper sticker, by the way. Too funny!!!

Anonymous said...

I was honored to be pictured among so many great men! Can't wait to see you all!

Savage Baptist said...

I won't tell you about the bumper stickers I currently have on me ol' Bronco II. But there is one that I've been wanting to add to the collection. It reads: You're drafting off a right-wing nut job.

I can hardly wait to slap that baby on...

RMc said...

"Visualize Whirled Peas" - one of my personal favorites....

Kiki Cherry said...

Rodney,

That's really funny!!!