Saturday, January 28, 2006

Feelin' the Love!!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for all of the birthday messages yesterday. I was feelin' the love!!!!

My daughter, Anna, even "invented" a new cake for my birthday. It involved apple cinnamon muffin mix, grated fresh apples, and was really delicious. She also bought me a sweater with her own money.

My boys ordered pizza and movies for me. Joshua's love language is quality time. So we spent a couple of hours watching "Robots" and "March of the Penguins" while being curled up on the couch as a family.

And to all of you who sent creative little gifts (thanks, Jason, for the Boomer Sooner sound wave!!!) I really appreciate you all. Joe blew me away, though, sending three books that have been on my "hopefully purchase someday" list. Thanks so much, Joe!!!! I can't wait to read them.

I got emails from as far away as Oman, and phone calls from my parents, all of our staff and a couple of students. I had been planning to not make a big deal of my birthday this year, but you guys would have none of that!!!!

Thank you for all that you did to make it a special day. : )

1 comment:

Joe Kennedy said...

USPS says it'll be delivered today (Monday).