Sunday, January 29, 2006

Eye of God?




This is one of the new photos from the Hubble site. I love this image. It reminds me of 1 Peter 3:12, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer."

Studying this picture prompted me to stop and spend some intense time with God. It was as if God was saying, "we need to talk about some things."

Wow. We had an amazing time together. I asked Him all those questions that have been burdening me. And He responded by giving me very clear answers and an overwhelming sense of peace. There was also a little bit of a rebuke, which I needed.

I realized that I have been listening too much to "learned men" rather than to God. And it has brought me so much bondage, where before I found incredible freedom in Christ.

I'll leave you with this.

Isaiah 40:26-31

Lift up your eyes on high And see who has created these stars, The One who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name; Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, Not one of them is missing.

Why do you say, O Jacob, and assert, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD, And the justice due me escapes the notice of my God"?

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable.

He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power.

Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly,

Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.


6 comments:

Ronnie Thompson said...

It is so difficult to find time to get away, alone with God but it is so important. Thank you for sharing your story...it reminds me I am way overdue.

RMc said...

Cool!! Bout the conversation that is.....

Unknown said...

Sometimes the rocks don't have to cry out for general revelation to pursuade us to acknowledge God.

There never seems to be enough quiet moments alone with God. People talk about singing praises in Heaven all day. Right now I think that I would just like to be with Him. Take a walk with Him for a couple of hundred years.
---I think Ronnie is my uncle Robert's brother. Side note.

Ronnie Thompson said...

Brandee,

If your Uncle Robert is married to Janine then I am most likely his brother. Who is your mom? Small World.

Kiki,

Sorry for invading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Amazing picture. The kind that speaks volumes to my soul.

I love the passage you quote as well. Several years ago, when dementia finally claimed most of my mom's mind at the same time I was in my final days before going overseas, I drove home one night in agony -- for both my mom in her condition, but more so for me --- I'd lost my mom just when I felt I needed her strength of character and her presence most in my life. God brought this passage to my mind and quietly whispered, " I know right where your mom is, even though you don't; and I know right where you are. Trust Me. I've never lost a star yet..."

Your post tonight reminded me of that precious moment on a Southern California freeway. Thanks.

PS -- Hi, I'm Lu. Joe sent me over here to you... to check out a continuing conversation ya'll have been having. :) Thanks for letting me butt in.

Kiki Cherry said...

Lu,

I'm so glad you came over!!! Joe is great. You are keeping good company.

I appreciate you sharing the story about your Mom. Wow. That must have been tough.