Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Smart People


One thing I love about working at CMU is that every day is unpredictable.

Today we were standing at the hot chocolate table, when J.W. calmly stated, "Look. There's Dennis Quaid."

Sure enough--there he was--walking his white lab puppy on the lawn in front of the CFA building.

Turns out they are filming the movie "Smart People" this week on campus. Apparently Sarah Jessica Parker and Thomas Haden Church are also on site.

We walked over and watched them shoot one scene of the movie. They will be at CMU until next Tuesday or Wednesday, filming scenes at several locations on campus.

Just as we were packing up to leave in the late afternoon, Dennis walked right past us on his way to dinner. The funny thing is.....on our campus nobody really cares about celebrities, so people seldom react.

In fact, I heard today that they've had some difficulty getting students to be extras. Apparently one responded by saying, "I'm not sure. How much of a time commitment would that be? I don't want it to cut into my studying."

And so goes another weird and wonderful day at CMU. I love it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Just as we were packing up to leave in the late afternoon, Dennis walked right past us on his way to dinner. The funny thing is.....on our campus nobody really cares about celebrities, so people seldom react"

Yeah Kiki but Dennis Quaid!

QR said...

Ask and you shall receive: Extra's Casting Info

I like the new layout too.

Anonymous said...

Kiki,

Love the new look! Ok, I'm not usually starstruck either, but I really like Dennis Quaid. Even my kids are fans since "The Rookie."

I got to see your parents at our GIC last weekend. It is always an encouragment to visit with them.

Stacey

Paul Burleson said...

Kiki,

You guys are prayed for with regularity whether written to with that same regularity or not. :)

God's Grace to you.

Paul B.

Bryan Riley said...

Everything going okay for you? It seems you are posting less of late.